Register Search FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Log in
News / General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » 2024 View previous topic
View next topic

News / General Discussion
Trancer80

Post Reply with quote
Really happy now i was at 2 other events in Amsterdam. Didnt even know Tiesto played there too. Years ago i feeled the same. I have a theory.
He cant be the same DJ who mixed the Magik series, ISOS and so on.
Think Tijs was replaced like the Count of Monte Cristo. He sits now anywhere on a Island and is waiting for his rescue. A robot build by Armin van Buuren is Fake Tiesto.Laughing

By the way this is the real Armin:

Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Monic@
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
^^ Christian Slater Very Happy
Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:50 pm View user's profile Send private message
Monic@
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Interesting:

@BolierMusic 20 horas hace No but keep an eye out for my upcoming @BLRofficial album instead
Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
https://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/1c0pqtyk/tiesto-club-stalker-haarlem-netherlands-1998-03-20.html

i'm not sure if this set is real, but taking a look.
In case it is genuine, it would be an addition to the 1998 archive.

(good luck Luigi filling in the ID gaps Laughing )
Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bulletdodger

Post Reply with quote
From what I have quickly skipped through, that set sounds soo good. I have always prefered the “clubby” more techno-ish sound of T, with a very well placed trancer every 4-5 tracks. And it’s rare this find something like this where most of his recorded sets in the 90s are too anthem-ish/innercity

Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:37 am View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
youtube's predicted tracklist has Phi Phi & Greg D - A Friend Called Phi Phi (666 Virgo Mix) as the first track. I've had a quick listen, and that would be a massive stretch. While its a similar breakbeat chilled trancer it's really nothing like the clubby sound of the liveset.

I agree, this sounds like T in a club, playing what he feels like. Early '98 puts this set between Magik 1 & 2 and at a time when he was still playing 1997 playlist stuffs (beginning BHR and probably still involved at the Basic Beat shop in Rotterdam).

I mention that because the housey IDs from this set sound so much like the stuff to be found in Basic Beat Records and their sub-labels of the time.

The mixing doesn't really lend itself to Tiesto of the period - which was nicely matched - but T's mixing of trance was always stand-out in how he could weave through the tracks, often botching the mix, but always keeping a huge level of energy, usually by bringing tracks in really early or adjusting on the fly. DUring this set some of the tunes are played almost in full length and then mixed.... this isn't quite T's style known from banging sets of '98 and '99.. but it could also fit the mood of the club, if this was recorded near beginning of a long set for example.

My only other thinking is its some Club Stalker resident with a big crush on Tiesto... the usage of a bunch of Magik tunes and a few new trancers to me keeps the set a bit 'undercooked' and could be some warm up DJs offering rather than the man himself.

However, i am about 80 / 20 on the fact that this is a real set of Tiesto. The story of how its popped up, from an old cassette tape adds up. I was aware i think through Cyberciska? that some of these could exist... but that no-one had an idea where they were. Finding an old cassette happens all time when clearing out the attic.. and its obviously before the time when so much care and attention would've been made to ensure that sets weren't unofficially recorded from the mixer etc.
Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:12 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Charmes - These Sounds.... a fun rework / remake of UK garage hit from 2000, ‘Mark Ryder - Joy’ https://www.discogs.com/Mark-Ruff-Ryder-Joy-Remixes/release/207414

Of course the melody sample is Soft Cell Tainted Love... but just pointing out it’s been done before, 19 years ago Laughing
Sat Feb 02, 2019 10:26 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MOEBiUS

Post Reply with quote
https://twitter.com/tiesto/status/1085336602212220929?s=21

Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:54 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
2 points:
- he prob didnt even listen it and is just responding "nice!" with a joke about 10 year challenge extended to 20 year challenge.
- could be difference between a studio broadcast vs. a live set, recorded early in the night so not so uplifting trance? I'm still 50/50 on it being real.

also 3rd bonus point:
maybe we'll get some new DD sets, based on the new YT channel that Moebius posted.. Dance Department Relived.. i'm waiting for them to post a Tiesto set so we can compare it to what we have from '98.

C.
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:52 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MOEBiUS

Post Reply with quote
need help again

Tiesto - (1999.06.xx) Live @ Fusion Nightclub,Derry
06-26 (27 4am)

https://www.mixcloud.com/peterneeson1/tiesto-live-fusion-nightclub-derry-june-1999/

I feel T 50/50 from this set

Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:07 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Monic@
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
^^ 100% T set Cool

T energy from 1st track, Magik # 4 stuff included and some T fav of those days Very Happy
Plus: flyer of the ngt
Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:05 pm View user's profile Send private message
MOEBiUS

Post Reply with quote
I just finished listening this whole set.

thx a lot.

Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:58 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Monic@ wrote:
^^ 100% T set Cool

T energy from 1st track, Magik # 4 stuff included and some T fav of those days Very Happy
Plus: flyer of the ngt

It would pass the playlist test, apart from the couple of vocal tracks everything is playlisted....

Yet, that mixing is very dodgy... T was pretty tight back then, so this is a bit unusual for the time I’d say. In T mixing I’d be looking for some adventurous mix style, bringing in tracks early and the overlap of tracks being adjusted on the fly... I don’t hear it here... despite the tracks having his energy, you know his mixing, cos the energy doesn’t drop between tracks from this style. He brings in Xpander really early.... but then doesn’t correct it’s offbeat for example...

The flyer doesn’t mean much, it proves a gig took place.,, but there is no way to link the sound file back to the event - unless during the recording is some MC work etc...

I’m on the fence about this one. 60/40 for me, the ‘98 finding was 50/50 cos the mixing wasn’t energetic, this one is...

01. The Ambush - Everlast
02. Stoneproof - Everything’s Not You (Quivver’s Space Mix)
03. Sasha - Xpander
04. iD*
05. Armin - Communication
06. The Sneaker - Scatterbomb (String Mix)
07. Agnelli & Nelson - Everyday
08. Head Room - Utopia (Merlyn & Chuck Mellow Remix)
09. Parker & Clind - Generator (Trance Club Mix)
10. Airscape - L’Esperanza (Svenson Goes To Loveparade Mix)
11. Stray Dog - Mirror (Signum Remix)
12. Lange - I Believe (DJ Tandu Remix)
13. The Olmec Heads - Spiritualized (Astral Mix)
14. Vimana - We Came
15. Planet Perfecto ft. Grace - Not Over Yet ‘99 (Matt Darey Remix)

* the vocals are from D’acido Domingo - shadows from 1997, used in a few hardcore and techno remakes since then, we’d need the 99 trance version, the beat sounds super familiar though....
Sat Feb 16, 2019 9:55 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Monic@
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Despite the fact we love find old sets, can be old sets collection by others and saying now is by T.

When I listened this set, I was thinking could be even by Ferry... The stuff was very common.
Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:58 am View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
XPander, Olmec Heads, Not Over Yet, and the ID, are the only new non-playlisted tracks from 1999 archive, so it’s still quite possibly real... I was waiting to see that a track from the playlist was in a different mix/remix... but they are all what he played at the time. It could be a fan mix or a recreation.

Btw I listened / track listed during breakfast... only now do I see that the Mixcloud tracklist was already complete lol #fail still it was fun reviewing the tunes from 99 archive to match them.
Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:30 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » 2024 All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 10 of 23

Jump to: