Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index
Register Search FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Log in
Adhoc Updates + Discussion/Comments
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » Lost Treasures View previous topic
View next topic

Adhoc Updates + Discussion/Comments
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Adhoc Updates + Discussion/Comments Reply with quote
Opened this new section... at the moment i'd be collecting any NEW stuff for 1990s sets (up to 01-Jan-2000)..

1998 adds:
Club Stalker Set
Salinas The Final (unknown date)
TMF The DJs

1999 adds:
i need some help to dig out anything new here (will also be reviewing the active threads to see if anything pops up)
Maybe easier to open a new topic in this thread or DM me with a link and i will cut out the related posts and stick it here.

Some queries from 1990s to get going with:

1. Forbidden Paradise 4
Nail – I Am Them (Accelerator Remix) [RELOAD RECORDS]
the vinyl from Belgium has the title I Am Them, but the original track is called I Am Then... anyone got an idea which one is a typo? Very Happy

2. Forbidden Paradise 5
Stray Dog – The Next Chapter [GUARDIAN ANGEL]
I didn't see where this got released, i assume it was on Guardian Angel, but i'm not 100% sure - i think it was maybe some "tracks from the label" style EP

3. Forbidden Paradise 5
Wave Shaping Age – Resolution [SFX]
The vinyl has 2 mixes, but neither are the original, so need to decide/investigate if its A or B side.

4. Lost Treasures 2
Sharp Tools – Untitled [SHARP RECORDINGS]
this is the actual title Very Happy but i'd like to investigate which of the Untilted tracks is it... A1, A2, B1 or B2...
= Sharp Boys - Untilted B1

5. Lost Treasures 2
Effective Force – Fish (Kathy Pacific’s Fishmix) [MFS]
just to point out this is from some random remixes vinyl, you really have to dig on Discogs to get to the correct one, its an EP with like 4 vinyls and 8 remixes package.

6. Lost Treasures 3
Jerome “Pacman” Elia – Alaya [OBSESSION MUSIC]
had to adjust the artist from Jerome Pacman

7. Magik 1
Silent Breed – Sync In [A.F.U.]
in archive was listed as "Original A.F.U. 016 Mix" this is bollox, as AFU 16 is the vinyl coding, on that vinyl was original mix

8. Magik 1
Sakin – Blue Sky [GREEN MARTIAN]
DJ was removed from the artist as per the Green Martian vinyl sleeve.

9. TMF The DJs set 1998
some talk in the youtube comments about him playing Three N One - Reflect in the video, but we dont have it in tracklist, need investigating

10. Club Stalker 1998 - has 4 new IDs to add to the reworked ID list

11. The Final Saliinas 1998 - need a date, asked the uploader in the YT comments

12. TMF THe DJs Set 1998
https://www.discogs.com/Pulp-Victim-Dreams-Last-For-Long/release/126028
no idea which version
= Pulp Victim - Dreams Last For Long ("Even After Your Gone" Extended Mix)

Last edited by Chris on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:41 am; edited 8 times in total
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Boumabros

Post Reply with quote
1998: TMF The DJ's was recorded at Danssalon in Eindhoven (Holland)
Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:42 am View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Thx.

13. Dance Dept 14-Nov-1998
Doug Laurent – I’m Rushing (Doug Laurent’s Original 12’ Mix)
not sure this is correct version / which vinyl?
= Doug Laurent – I’m Rushin’ (Extended Mix) [SUCK ME PLASMA]

14. Magik 3
Art Of Trance – Madagasga (Cygnus X Remix) [PLATIPUS]
The original title with incorrect spelling... Madagascar was title from 1999 re-release with remixes...

15. Magik 2 - Binary Finary 1999
in Sept Luke pointed out the 5-Sep Dance Dept set had the Matt Darey Mix here http://forum.tiestotracklists.net/viewtopic.php?t=12197&start=30
my new question: does this also match the version on Magik 3?
= Magik 2 - 1999
= DD set - Matt Darey Mix

16. Magik 3 - Ayla – Ayla (Original DJ Taucher Mix)
I'm not sure this version exists Smile the original 1998 MADDOG release has Original Mix, the later re-releases on UK/worldwide labels etc featured a Taucher Mix/Remix which i assume is the same one.
= keeping Ayla - Ayla (Original DJ Taucher Mix)

17. Dominion Lost Without You (various times played)
did a triple check based on Luke's suggestion here...http://forum.tiestotracklists.net/viewtopic.php?t=12197&start=30
Magik 3 = Zanzibar Main Room Dub
DD Sept 98 = Zanzibar Main Room Dub
DD Dec 98 = Human Movement Solitary Mix

18. Dance Dept Dec 1998
Tastexperience - Summersault (B-Side)
bit of a struggle to check this on vinyl... original Barracuda release as Original on A side and a funky mix on B side... yet the Manifesto release in 1999 has a remix on A side and Original on Bside.. i assume T is plyaing the original mix, and we've previously labelled it B-Side based on the Manifesto label release.
= Original Mix

Last edited by Chris on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:42 am; edited 4 times in total
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:48 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Luke_Skywalker
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Summersault I have the release on barracuda & the red/white manifesto release.
Both have original mix. Tiësto played original mix.

It’s magik 2 binary Finary is on. I will check to see if it is the Matt Darey Mix Of 1998 like on the Dance Department set. My vinyl also has the original mix on the other side.

Doug Laurent - I’m Rushing I can check that too on vinyl do we have a direct link to a recording of him playing it so I can match it up.
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:15 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Luke_Skywalker
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Summersault (Original Mix). My 2 copies with original.

https://www.discogs.com/The-Taste-Xperience-Feat-Natasha-Pearl-Summersault/release/178419

https://www.discogs.com/Taste-Xperience-Feat-Natasha-Pearl-Summersault/release/28075

Binary Finary - 1998.
Magik 2 - Original Mix.
Dance Department - Matt Darey Mix.

Doug Laurent - I’m Rushing (Extended Mix). My vinyl is this release https://www.discogs.com/Doug-Laurent-Im-Rushin/release/195479

Ayla – Ayla (Original DJ Taucher Mix). Magik 3 listed at Taucher, my 2 copies on vinyl positiva & additive listed as Original DJ Taucher Mix & DJ Taucher Mix. Both have different running times.

Additive release is Original DJ Taucher 9 minutes 32 seconds.
Positiva release DJ Taucher Mix 7 minutes 25 seconds.

Can of worms Laughing

Last edited by Luke_Skywalker on Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:24 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
that was quick Laughing

exactly - i think based on Manifesto release, Summersault got labelled as "B-side" many years ago
https://www.discogs.com/Taste-Xperience-Feat-Natasha-Pearl-Summersault/release/28075
so technically this is simply, original mix
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Luke_Skywalker
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Pulp Victim - Dreams Last For Long ("Even After You're Gone" Extended)
Side A1.

I need this on vinyl still Crying or Very sad
But on listening on YouTube and matching to the TMF video. I’m certain mix A1.
Dreams Last For Long ("Even After You're Gone" Extended).
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:46 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Luke_Skywalker wrote:

Ayla – Ayla (Original DJ Taucher Mix). Magik 3 listed at Taucher, my 2 copies on vinyl positiva & additive listed as Original DJ Taucher Mix & DJ Taucher Mix. Both have different running times.

Additive release is Original DJ Taucher 9 minutes 32 seconds.
Positiva release DJ Taucher Mix 7 minutes 25 seconds.

Can of worms Laughing

Thanks!

I should add i've tried to pick the original label where possible, which is why you won't see ADDITIVE in the archive - they have mostly bought the rights/license to release the track in UK based on it being popular in BE, DE, NL etc.

That happens a lot in the next few years too, thinking POSITIVA, XTRAVAGANZA.. but mostly they carry new remixes of the track commissioned on the re-release on the new label, on this case they will be selected.

1998 might be a good example of that... where the original is on some leseer known German label, but then the main UK release is 1999 on POSITIVA with a 100 remixes. Ayla has a similar trend, released on Tauchers label, then picked up by big boys with remixes.
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:06 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Re: Adhoc Updates + Discussion/Comments Reply with quote
Chris wrote:

9. TMF The DJs set 1998
some talk in the youtube comments about him playing Three N One - Reflect in the video, but we dont have it in tracklist, need investigating

It's not in the audio, but it is Three N One on the turntable as Flowtation gets mixed in...
you can see the distinct orange color with purple wording @ 10:35
https://www.discogs.com/Three-N-One-Reflect-Down-In-The-Hole/release/442081

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztu766hyTM4
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:49 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rui
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Yeah read that too, obviously the video editting doesn't match the actual audio.

#32 T. Gigs
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:52 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rui
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Luke_Skywalker wrote:
Pulp Victim - Dreams Last For Long ("Even After You're Gone" Extended)
Side A1.

I need this on vinyl still Crying or Very sad
But on listening on YouTube and matching to the TMF video. I’m certain mix A1.
Dreams Last For Long ("Even After You're Gone" Extended).

Is that one different than the Extended Version on Good:As you think? Because I have two of those in my inventory Wink

#32 T. Gigs
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Or it just so happens that 16C+ Guarantee is released on the same label:
https://www.discogs.com/16C-Guarantee/master/660420
with the same graphics/format
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Luke_Skywalker
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
I have 16+ - Big Time / Fruit Punch, in the same sleeve too.
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
https://www.discogs.com/The-Sharp-Boys-Sharp-Tools-Volume-Two/release/50021

The track on LT2 cd is the track that is 7:03 long, labeled as Part One on the video links, but as B1 on the discogs page.

A1 matches to that 10min track with the vocal (yt part 3)

/edit
as per logic used on other EP's, the artist & title are coming from the author + the track name. So we'd drop Sharp Tools Volume 2... and use "The Sharp Boys - Untitled B1"

Anyway for those guys wanting a strong crossover techno track from the past - look for the vinyl linked Very Happy

Last edited by Chris on Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:24 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Luke_Skywalker
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Jon Vesta - Gull.

Played by Tiësto he then mixes in Ricky Le Roy - Tuareg (Oasi mix) straight after it.

No date or event name on this video. The video is on a private profile and I have no way of sharing it.
Embarassed

Wanted to mention it as it’s a new one to the archive.
Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:05 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » Lost Treasures All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: