Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index
Register Search FAQ Memberlist Usergroups Log in
New Section / Rules

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » Lost Treasures View previous topic
View next topic

New Section / Rules
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post New Section / Rules Reply with quote
If you find some old footage please make a new topic in this section... looking for any old videos or recordings of Tiesto playing that we can help identify the set or add it to the archive

Regarding the Archive topic - i will be updating (hopefully) regularly... but it will be maybe a year project to get to 2005 or beyond Very Happy let's start with the 90s... my goal will be to add 1999 through April.

Cheers

Last edited by Chris on Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:15 am; edited 2 times in total
Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Luke_Skywalker
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Love this!
Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
MOEBiUS

Post Reply with quote
best section name! Cool

Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:03 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Rui
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Everybody is right back sucked into the Blackhole Laughing

#32 T. Gigs
Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:56 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Luke_Skywalker
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
In Trance We Trust as it’s just pure Magik Muzik.
Embarassed
Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bulletdodger

Post Reply with quote
Hahaha,

it's as if all the past 10 years did not exist and all is forgiven I swear Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:46 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
well... it's closer to 15-20 years ago now... for me Laughing

not sure if you follow Twan's channel Music Xpress but its worth subscribing... last one was Ralphie B's Massive and they're getting all nostalgic about track that's 20 years old.. my god... Massive 20 years old...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDqV1Nt74R7pNWLL6LjQjcQ

those with Armin, Ferry and the other big names are really well done, this one is a favourite even
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fePJ3m8OXs
Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:29 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Rui
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Yeah 20 years, even more close to 22/23 years, Twans makes great content. As he already did for trance.nu as well. Never quite found the time to watch some of them.

#32 T. Gigs
Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:13 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
bulletdodger

Post Reply with quote
Chris wrote:
well... it's closer to 15-20 years ago now... for me Laughing

not sure if you follow Twan's channel Music Xpress but its worth subscribing... last one was Ralphie B's Massive and they're getting all nostalgic about track that's 20 years old.. my god... Massive 20 years old...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDqV1Nt74R7pNWLL6LjQjcQ

those with Armin, Ferry and the other big names are really well done, this one is a favourite even
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fePJ3m8OXs

Yep, I discovered his channel circa 2016-2017 (?)

I even donated once and caught up with him through PMs.

I know Twan "personally" since my t.nu days, such a nice guy and total diplomat in admin-ing a forum.
He's been Ferry's employee for God know's how many years now.

Edit: I can understand where you're coming from.

Hell, there were already people in 2001 complaining that he "died" because there was no Lost Treasures/Early Magiks vibes anymore.

For me, I have personally enjoyed his music up until 2012, CL 2 Miami, any bandwagon he jumped on always had a "Suburban Train-ish" vibe to it more or less and CL3 was digerable as decent teenage party fun EDM.

I have the Kaleidoscope 12" so what do I know.

Surrounded by Light is a tjoon, don't care what people say Laughing

Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Yeah, I was invested until (sorry) Kaleidoscope... there was still something there for me in the dark electro tracks he was picking up, but I was definitely only tolerating the SHM copycat stuff... Nothing to say about artist productions after he left BH/MM behind. what’s happened since then is a joke compared to the decade before.
Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
bulletdodger

Post Reply with quote
I think starting 2016 is when "dance music that DJs play" (re)became full on pop music. Not as an adjective, but actual, pop-trap, Drake, the original versions being played live.
There's nothing wrong with that per se, as that's what DJs were playing in mid-late 80s as well before "Actual club culture" came about in 1990 (as in prog-house/acid-house/trance/jungle etc).

My only gripe with today's music is that even since Skrillex invented electronic music for kids in 2009 (as in up to 10 year olds, not teens), music has kind of lost ifs "adultness/matureness" in vibe, year and after year.

There is pretty much nothing classy and adult in the mainstream airs, we don't have a Faithless of today, a Prodigy etc.

About that, me and my close friends were having an interesting discussion a few weeks ago regarding what would hold better in time at a festival in 2021?

Traffic in the original full length (not Montana) or Fisher's Losing It ?

For a moment there I was actually intrigued by the question since I pretty much got tired of Traffic by 2010 and I pretty much "loved" Losing it when it came out (by today's standards).

But after 24 hours of playing both and deep consideration, I sincerely realised I simply did not find Losing It special anymore, at all, and somehow I appreciated Traffic with a new 2021 perspective that I never had and for a moment, I sincerely believed that if Traffic was being played at a 2022 festival to a 20 year old, he would say "when is this coming out ?".

Traffic aged damn well, it actually sounds better and "ravey-er" today than in 2010.

Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:23 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
LOL I can remember the fuss in 2003 when traffic was IDed annoying the magik crowd.
Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:23 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sumerbreeze

Post Reply with quote
massive new section guys, cheers on the work, truly lost treasures in magik times!!

ah traffic bullet & chris... i'd like to take a step further back and recover the release of flight 643... ... the first time hearing that massive instantly recognisable beat... amazing... then it was played everywhere, your nan's, the hairdresser, you name it, but still to this day, i get goosebumps hearing this one...

still laughing remembering seeing Johan Gielen lift up his BH releaseform on the promo of this one and sticking his thumb up writing A+ at Massive Eindhoven. Laughing Laughing

Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:36 pm View user's profile Send private message
keithos27

Post Reply with quote
Great new area, thanks for adding! Nice to see some activity here related to eras I personally enjoyed much more than today (hardly follow what T is doing these days, sadly... am happy he's finally settling down and having a family though!).

Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:32 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tiesto1986

Post Reply with quote
Chris wrote:
Yeah, I was invested until (sorry) Kaleidoscope... there was still something there for me in the dark electro tracks he was picking up, but I was definitely only tolerating the SHM copycat stuff... Nothing to say about artist productions after he left BH/MM behind. what’s happened since then is a joke compared to the decade before.

I agree
Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:29 pm View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » Lost Treasures All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: