Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » 2023 View previous topic
View next topic

2023-12-30 - Live @ Countdown NYE - San Bernardino, US
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Rui wrote:
The irony is he said he's enjoying himself more than he did in the '95-'05 era. Where we thought he enjoyed himself a lot with the longer sets at the time. Weird thing to say for him, tho there's not that much pressure anymore as opposed to the time he wore the #1 crown for years.

P.S. he's getting old Laughing Family life does something to you as well.

btw i think i'd be quite chill too, rolling in money for turning up and pressing play a few times a week Laughing
Thu Feb 15, 2024 3:22 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sumerbreeze

Post Reply with quote
Chris wrote:
Rui wrote:
The irony is he said he's enjoying himself more than he did in the '95-'05 era. Where we thought he enjoyed himself a lot with the longer sets at the time. Weird thing to say for him, tho there's not that much pressure anymore as opposed to the time he wore the #1 crown for years.

P.S. he's getting old Laughing Family life does something to you as well.

btw i think i'd be quite chill too, rolling in money for turning up and pressing play a few times a week Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Thu Feb 15, 2024 5:35 pm View user's profile Send private message
bulletdodger

Post Reply with quote
Absolute madness.

Imagine your last Tiesto gig being Late 2008, end of EoL/ISOS 7 tour, then "teleporting" to late 2023. Metaverse all the way.

With all due respect, I wouldn't be able to attend a Tiesto gig these days even just to see him physically. It's not about the music being "bad" per se, it's just that it would feel like quickly shuffling through a YT Dance-Pop of the day (which I can do at home for free and save time too).

And to be fair fair fair, it's not even about that (Madonna's Ray of Light is technically speaking "dance-pop" too). It's simply put, the mainstream/pop music these days is _SO_ formulaic and soulless these days, that boring is a compliment. It all feels "AI generated" for me, causes me nausea. I guess 10 years of Spotify and tiktok really took a toll on (mainstream) music.

I am sure there is still some decent stuff here and there, but why would you waste your time trying to find good stuff (especially after living through a golden age), where your time could be better spent in more meaningful pursuits or scenes where good stuff can be found daily ?

Did not want to be a party pooper, just wanted to hats off to Rui.

Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:03 am View user's profile Send private message
sumerbreeze

Post Reply with quote
it is what it is.

i did see him a little under 1,5 years ago @ bredalive. it’s mostly the name now. just insert an SD-card and press play indeed. i can’t judge the man. seems that the masses enjoy this type of fast “mixing” and forgettable tracks nowadays. simply wasn’t like that 20-30 years ago. but even then people looked down on how “commercial” someone like T was. says a lot that tracks from 2000-2004 return full on in “remixes” or simply bought off to slap there own name on it. tells me something of the quality and timeless-ness about it. we will see in a good 20 odd years how the tracks that come out now will hold up Laughing Laughing . for every age their own.

so i don’t agree or disagree with you all. and all of us have said it: we can only look back in awe and joy at the times that gave us peaktime T and others. in that sense, we have witnessed a very, VERY unique slice of history and lived it with the true breakthrough of electronic dance music may it be trance, techno, gabber or progressive. dance party’s used to be perceived as an obscure gathering of drug using juvinele delinquents back in the day, it’s a multi billion euro industry in 2024. and i have lived smackdab in the middle of it and espacially through T seeing him in De Massa and The Spock to the bigger veneus and (eventually) seeing him performing in a stadium filled with 25.000 people.

there is prob. still a lot of quality around but same here, i don’t care too much searching for it. for me personally JV is my new T for Manu different reasons. i listen too some other stuff that is recommended here Wink , re-listen the classics when i want and that is about it. i feel perfectly comfortable in doing so Smile

Sun Feb 18, 2024 11:56 am View user's profile Send private message
Catch1707
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Loooot of good points and remarks around.

I still do listen to the new sets when I feel like it... but in my car, I am spinning always 20-year old sets so now I am rotating Fine Ibiza sets from Summer 2003, September 2003 Athens set and all the others till February 2004. And getting closer to TIC 2 in Gelredome Very Happy
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:30 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rui
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
bulletdodger wrote:
Absolute madness.

Imagine your last Tiesto gig being Late 2008, end of EoL/ISOS 7 tour, then "teleporting" to late 2023. Metaverse all the way.

With all due respect, I wouldn't be able to attend a Tiesto gig these days even just to see him physically. It's not about the music being "bad" per se, it's just that it would feel like quickly shuffling through a YT Dance-Pop of the day (which I can do at home for free and save time too).

And to be fair fair fair, it's not even about that (Madonna's Ray of Light is technically speaking "dance-pop" too). It's simply put, the mainstream/pop music these days is _SO_ formulaic and soulless these days, that boring is a compliment. It all feels "AI generated" for me, causes me nausea. I guess 10 years of Spotify and tiktok really took a toll on (mainstream) music.

I am sure there is still some decent stuff here and there, but why would you waste your time trying to find good stuff (especially after living through a golden age), where your time could be better spent in more meaningful pursuits or scenes where good stuff can be found daily ?

Did not want to be a party pooper, just wanted to hats off to Rui.

Hats off to what exactly? Wink Even in the greater styles nowadays it's needle in a haystack type stuff, sometimes it takes me a few months to have a collection of records I can make into a mixtape.

The funny thing is the older tracks most of the time seem to be the glue in the mix.

#32 T. Gigs
Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:51 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Monic@
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Don't offend pop, please. My love is the king of kpop's producer, making masterpieces! Cool Laughing
Tijs is so far away from the quality pop of nowadays, he would had had to rebirth.

BTW my AmericanWildChild friend, great to see you here again Very Happy
Sorry you had that bad experience for NYE... I posted a comment in your yt Channel xoxo
Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:56 am View user's profile Send private message

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » 2023 All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: