News / General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » 2024 View previous topic
View next topic

News / General Discussion
Rui
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Hahaha the DJ police, he makes a lot of sense. Ah well when you think of it, you can call Magik 6 cheating too because if was massively practiced months before. But then there's practicing and prerecording. If you play a lot of sets you develop some automatisms.

Same goes for Joris Voorn. There's a lot of effort in constructing that there isn't really time to beatmatch manually. It's just the way things go nowadays.

#32 T. Gigs
Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:42 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sumerbreeze

Post Reply with quote
Rui wrote:
Hahaha the DJ police, he makes a lot of sense. Ah well when you think of it, you can call Magik 6 cheating too because if was massively practiced months before. But then there's practicing and prerecording. If you play a lot of sets you develop some automatisms.

Same goes for Joris Voorn. There's a lot of effort in constructing that there isn't really time to beatmatch manually. It's just the way things go nowadays.

+1 on rui. it’s the way it goes. although i don’t agree with the mau5 100%, there is a lot possible with ableton and beatport etc. usually the programs beatmatch the tracks and/or suggest the best tracks as follow ups. in the end the dj makes the selection. make edits/loops/teasers/effects etc. are there sets that just require “push play”. there certainly will be. but most sets out there have the dj’s own preferences.

Thu Aug 17, 2023 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
The most fanatic yt commenters on that link were still defending the pre-recorded set for exactly that reason, with the not as simple as just pressing play and dancing around.

I think it was Afrojack who was first to be vocal about pre-recorded sets being necessary for the big festivals, limit of time, needing to plan the set to the last minute, potentially needs to coincide with all the effects and fireworks etc.
Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:12 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ravertraffic
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnnpuO9OHMw
Issey Cross - Bittersweet Goodbye (Tiësto's Hardcore Remix)

Last edited by ravertraffic on Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:10 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rui
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Chris wrote:
The most fanatic yt commenters on that link were still defending the pre-recorded set for exactly that reason, with the not as simple as just pressing play and dancing around.

I think it was Afrojack who was first to be vocal about pre-recorded sets being necessary for the big festivals, limit of time, needing to plan the set to the last minute, potentially needs to coincide with all the effects and fireworks etc.

Exactly, it's just forced upon the artists by the major festivals. It's all about the experience and less about the actual quality. In the end it's also about the track selection and order that makes something work very well. Rather than I'll put ten 8A key tracks in order but then it turns out stale & bleak..

#32 T. Gigs
Thu Aug 17, 2023 4:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
sumerbreeze

Post Reply with quote
exactly, but there are a lot of dj’s out there that still make it work regardless. hence the selection (of tracks). i mean there isn’t any dj out there making actual use of the headphones for quite sometime now so it had to be obvious Laughing Laughing

and to be fair… the effort the dj him/her/itself puts into it. for instance JV editing almost every track he puts in and/or making his own new music/remixes to fit. tale of us and all the other “after life dj’s” having a very different aproach and letting the visuals be a massive and most important part of their shows.

Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:17 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
good you mention tale of us are more about the visuals, because audibly i thought they were doing very well as a sleeping aid Twisted Evil Laughing
Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:07 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
sumerbreeze

Post Reply with quote
Chris wrote:
good you mention tale of us are more about the visuals, because audibly i thought they were doing very well as a sleeping aid Twisted Evil Laughing

Laughing Laughing

Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:42 pm View user's profile Send private message
Rui
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
A Tale For Ur Bedtime

#32 T. Gigs
Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ravertraffic
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
https://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/2usns8b9/tiesto-tiestos-club-life-861-2023-09-30.html
Tiësto - Hoipolloi confirmed
Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:08 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
ravertraffic wrote:
https://www.1001tracklists.com/tracklist/2usns8b9/tiesto-tiestos-club-life-861-2023-09-30.html

and this cracker too:
Everything But The Girl vs. &ME & Black Coffee - Missing Rapture (Underspreche Experiment)

think that Touch Me Rob Janssen rework at the end is the one he has been playing in Ibiza too?
Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:39 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
ravertraffic
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Chris wrote:
ravertraffic wrote:

and this cracker too:
Everything But The Girl vs. &ME & Black Coffee - Missing Rapture (Underspreche Experiment)

think that Touch Me Rob Janssen rework at the end is the one he has been playing in Ibiza too?

Don't remember right now about Touch Me, i'll check it

BTW.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtOPq61Mm_c
Ray Of Solar (Tiësto Remix)
Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
Didn't see it in videos, but i think there was an insta clip in September with it.
Fri Oct 06, 2023 7:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
M. Arnoldi

Post Reply with quote
Boo!
Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Chris
Tracklist Crew

Post Reply with quote
https://www.instagram.com/p/CyWdUqjvvBi/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Luis Torres bootleg pack
Includes Love Comes Again 2022 Remix and Rapture

Wasn’t T playing some version of Rapture in Ibiza clips??
Sat Oct 14, 2023 10:09 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger

Reply to topic    Tiesto Tracklists Forum Index » 2024 All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
Page 20 of 23

Jump to: